Wednesday 7 December 2011

The Song - Clean White Love

Okay, so I'm not sure if "The Song" will become a regular feature of this blog, but hey it's my blog so I guess I can do whatever I want. I love iTunes because you can select your favourite songs off an album - you know, the ones that make you dance around the kitchen, or you find yourself subconsciously humming - and ignore the ones that don't have that same "it" factor, for you at least.

Luke will testify to the fact that I very quickly become obsessed with songs, and tend to play them over and over. Luckily he doesn't mind my taste in music, so he doesn't complain too much - plus I think he rather enjoys watching me prance around the kitchen. So I thought you might be interested in which songs keep getting the repeat on my iPod.

This week is Lisa Mitchell's Clean White Love from her 2009 album Wonder. I'm probably way behind the times on Lisa Mitchell, who is Australian, a New South Welshman (Welshwoman?) to be exact. Apparently she came 6th in the fourth season of Australian Idol, but like most people I stopped watching after the second one, so that doesn't really mean much to me.

I first heard this song when I went to see the Australian movie Red Dog with my dear friend Paige, back when I visited Melbourne in August. I remember thinking, wow that's a really neat song. Then I completely forgot about it, until Monday this week when Luke and I went to see Red Dog, and I was like "hey I remember that song...note to self must download."

I love Lisa's style. It's light, breezy and fun. Lisa is also a singer-songwriter and for that she gets two thumbs up from me. As you'll hear, this song also includes clapping, yay! Plus you can swing dance to it - added bonus points for that. The lyrics make me feel all warm and fuzzy. Have a listen and see if it makes you feel the same way.


Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment