Wednesday 25 January 2012

The Holiday - Christmas in Oz

Okay, let's time travel again - back to Christmas Day. No, this doesn't mean you have to go Christmas shopping again. I just had such a wonderful Christmas Day that I wanted to share it with you. 

But before I do, here is a photo of Wellington on the day we were leaving for our trip to Australia. I've heard it said that when Wellington weather is good, it doesn't shimmer - it shines. And I think it's so true. 

Anyway, back to Christmas. It was a pretty traditional Christmas for my family: waking up early to open a few gifts before a four-hour drive to the relatives for lunch.

My cousin Katelyn (left), and my sister Laura.

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without my Gran's famous plum pudding. I still can't believe that Luke had never had plum pudding before! My mum made a cherry pie, which was also delicious and readily consumed.

O Christmas Tree... soon to be dismantled (to be honest, ours is still up...)
The afternoon was a mixture of present-opening, boardgame-playing and leftover-grazing. Luke was given the game "The Great Penguin Bookchase" by my parents.

The best part of the game by far is the tiny Penguin books! So cute!
The  actual game is okay... but come on, mini books people!

Anyway, until next time! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment