Thursday 22 November 2012

The Outing - Farm Labour

So not long ago we had a long weekend for Labour Day. Although technically this is supposed to be a day off for "labourers", we ended up doing some labour at Luke's parents' house, helping them work on their patio. I tell you what, at the end of that day I was mighty glad that my normal job is behind a desk and the heaviest thing I have to pick up is a pen.

I'm pretty sure the family dog Broc has now come to think of me as "The Girl Who is Always Up For Playing Soccer With Me" - or perhaps "Soccer Girl" for short.

Look at the attentiveness.


Rebekah was also there, and outdid herself in the kitchen. Just looking at this photo makes my mouth water!




Then it was time for the hard work. Bonnie was eager to help.




The next day we went to a local church in Otaki. It was such a lovely community-focused congregation, with so many cute kids. I also learnt the bass part to the song "Heart and Soul" with this girl, although I'm not sure if I'd still be able to remember it now.

Sheep!

Also managed to get some flute practice in, which I haven't done in forever (that is not an exaggeration).

And like all good weekends, we also managed to squeeze in a game of Catan, the best board game in the universe. Who won, you ask? Me!!! I am the Queen of Catan. 


Until next time :)

1 comment:

  1. great photos! would you like to follow each other? let me know!

    ReplyDelete