Wednesday 13 March 2013

The Dress - Tropical Sunrise

So I still have a few outfit posts from our old place that I haven't had a chance to share with you yet. These ones still show my "old" hair cut. Oh that reminds me, I need to take some photos of my new haircut. I also need to find a suitable place in the house to take outfit posts... hmmm, so many options.

However, I must say I will miss the front door of our old apartment. I always felt that its wood and 3 sloppily painted cream panels had a kind of charm alongside the cheap lino flooring. Plus, if you got the timing right, there was always good sun. 

Anyway... so this outfit I have named Tropical Sunrise, because it kind of reminds me of a flirty cocktail you might order in the Bahamas or somewhere, don't you think? This outfit is pretty old and was a staple when I lived in Taiwan. Since moving back to the Southern Hemisphere I haven't worn it as much, probably because I can't figure out what cardigan to wear with it. It's still a bit of a mystery... the contrast with purple or pink seems too much, but white somehow doesn't seem to go. Any suggestions?
 

Top: Just Jeans
Great story with this top. I originally bought it at least 6 years ago. Then it got stained to the point where I finally gave up and with much sadness threw it out, thinking I'd never find another similar top of the same colour. The very same day (I kid you not), I went to the second-hand store and found the exact top in the same size! Crazy huh?
 


Skirt: Savers
Another good old Savers find. $4 for a fun skirt. Thank you very much. 

Shoes: Clarks

Cardigan: Vintage Market
I've actually since given this cardigan away to a good friend of mine. I just couldn't seem to make it work with anything in my wardrobe. I hope she gets more wear out of it than I did.

So what do you think for a cardigan colour? White? Purple? Pink? I'd be interested to know your thoughts.

Well, until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment