Sunday 31 March 2013

The Outing - Family Day

Okay, so Family Day was actually quite a while ago. But since I took a big break from blogging, it'll be news to you anyway. What's Family Day, you ask? No, it's not some special New Zealand holiday. Rather, it's the day where my husband and his family all get together to spend a day together as a family. It's actually on Luke's parents' anniversary, which I think is really neat. After all, Christmas is about celebrating Jesus' birth, so the focus really should be on Him. That's why I think it's a great idea for a family to have their very own special event where they can enjoy each other's company, eat good food and maybe exchange a gift or two.

As you can see, the spread this year was amazing. And all those beautiful flowers were picked from Joanna's very own garden. Meanwhile, I'm currently struggling to get herbs to grow!



 After lunch, we had our somewhat traditional game of croquet. I say "traditional" because we've played it for the last 3 Family Days that I've attended.

Since I somehow managed to win the previous years, I was definitely feeling the pressure to have a back to back win. 


 Stephen, Luke's dad, managed to win the title. Meanwhile, Michael and I battled it out for second place - Western style.

Look - chicken!

Dinner was also very scrumptious. And Joanna made these cute little candle holders to provide light outside. What a neat idea!

 The end.

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment