Saturday 5 October 2013

I'm back... Japanese Style

Hello, my fellow internet friends. I'm back. Did you miss me? I'm so terribly sorry for deserting you. But I haven't completely fallen off the edge of the internet. It's just that, you know, life got a bit busy (as I'm sure you can all understand). However, the craziness seems to have died down, at least for the moment, and I've decided to pick up my blogger pen (or should that be keyboard???) again.

So much has happened I don't know where to start! But I have lots of lovely new pieces of clothing, travel photos, movie reviews, Bible verses, and more to share with you.

This post is a "Dress" with an oriental twist. You see, recently Luke and I went to Kyoto, Japan. And when in Japan, do as the Japanese do and buy a kimono!

So here we are, for your viewing pleasure. :)

 After purchasing a second hand kimono at a Kyoto market (it was a real steal, like NZD$50!) Luke and I went back to Kankaso, the traditional Japanese ryokan (guesthouse) where we were staying in Nara, and I put it on with a little bit of help from the staff there.

 Of course once it was on, I didn't want to take it off. They are so elegant!



 How absolutely heavenly is this garden? Yes, this is also part of the guest house. Seriously, if you ever go to Nara, or even Japan, you must stay at Kankaso. It's worth every penny.


 Our host Aiya looked after our every need while we were at the guesthouse, and was so lovely. I couldn't understand much of what she said (Luke speaks more Japanese than I do), although when she saw me in the kimono she exclaimed "Kawaii!!!", which means "Cute!!!"
 Just to prove Luke was really there.


Hope you enjoyed that. :)

Until next time 
(which hopefully isn't too far away!)

No comments:

Post a Comment