Monday 18 November 2013

The Trip to Europe - Paris Part 3

Time for another viewing of holiday snaps from *cough cough* almost a year ago... These ones come to you from Disneyland Paris. I'm very fortunate to have also gone with my sister to Disneyland in LA back in 2011. And since the parks are very similiar, which I guess is kind of the point, I kept on thinking I was in LA and then thinking to myself, "Why are all these people speaking French?"
We spent 4 days in the park, which means I know it very, very well. Actually, having spent 5 days in Disneyland LA meant Laura and I already knew the Paris layout before we even walked through the gates, so if you ever want a guide to either park, and are willing to pay for the airfare, I'm your gal!

The special thing about this visit was that the park was done up for Christmas and a variety of parades. We went to Disneyland LA at a time where there were no parades on :( BUT at Disneyland Paris they had their Christmas parade, their Christmas tree lighting, AND the 20th Anniversary Parade (read AWESOME!)

However, I must confess that spending 4 days in a theme park kind of breaks you. I mean, I've done a 10-day hike across the Himalayas, but I still think I do more walking when I go to Disneyland. You really should wear hiking boots, although I'm vain and think I don't want to be wearing hiking boots in all my photos! You know you're at your limit when you're thinking: I need to get on a ride quick stat so I can just sit down!

As you can see, the weather wasn't great - actually it was cold and rained every day. Luckily, half the attractions are indoors. However, when we did get caught in the rain, we had a plan:

1) Go on the outdoor Indiana Jones Roller Coaster ride - the theory was, well, you're wet already so you might as well get even wetter by going on an outdoor roller coster.

Actually we had the habit of singing the Indiana Jones theme while waiting for the roller coaster to take off, which some other visitors found amusing. "Dum di dum daaa dum di dum, dum di dum da dum di da da AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

2) Then to dry off, you have 2 options. The first is Space Mountain, an indoor rollercoaster, which when you're wet kind of turns into a massive hairdryer for your clothes. The second option is Pirates of the Caribbean - this is an indoor ride with boats on a manmade lake, and is surprisingly dry and warm.

The tea cup ride. Let's be honest, this is probably one of the more boring rides, but you have to do it because it's pretty and it was in ALL the Disneyland advertisements when we were kids.


 Pretty!

 Actually, the castle is one thing Disneyland Paris has done better than the orginal park. This is mainly because you can go under the castle (although beware of the dragon!), and there's more than just a shop inside. 

 John and I on the magic carpet ride, Laura photo bombing in the back.

Okay, you're probably Disneyed out by now, so I will leave it here. I have SO many more photos, but will try to resist the urge to post them all on my blog.

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment